MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Prospective member (applicant) applies on the website. NOTE: Hard copy forms will be allowed for the next 6 months.
- Application goes to ES (Executive Secretary) or his delegate. Acknowledgement goes to applicant’s provided email.
- ES assesses the validity and prospect of applicant. If no, application is rejected and applicant advised. End. If prospective, ES forwards to chapter having jurisdiction. If applicant’s location is yet to have a chapter of jurisdiction, the application will be handled administratively by ES.
- Chapter examines application using NSE or COREN. Chapter registers applicant as member. Then application is cleared and returned to ES with evidence of eligibility (NSE/COREN number).
- ES verifies evidence and resolves any other issues necessary.
- ES present eligible and cleared prospective applications to the Membership Board (or EXCO in the absence of the Board) for consideration and approval where found okay.
- ES communicates all applicants with the advice of the Board/EXCO decision.
Successful applicants are advised to make necessary payments.
- Applicant/payer is confirmed as a member and issued with NIEEE Number and login details upon confirmation of payment.
- Certificate is collected during Induction
Classes of Membership
Every Candidate for admssion to the class of fellow or for transfer from member to fellow shall apply and produce evidence acceptable to the council, that
- he possesses a Degree in Electrical Engineering registrable by COREN
- has been a corporate member of the instituion for at least ten years
- has held a position of higher responsibility and has attained prominence in the profession OR in a very special case
- has made extra-ordinary contribution to the cause of the institution, as determined by the Council.
2. Corporate Member
Every candidate for election or transfer to the class of member shall apply and produce evidencen acceptable to the Council that:
- he possesses a Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering registrable by COREN
- he has had at least four years recognized professional experience and has made contributions to the Electrical/Electronics Engineering profession.
3. Associate Member
Every candidate for election to the class of Associate Member shall apply and satisfy the Council that
- he possesses an HND (Higher National Diploma) in engineerin or degree in the Sciences
- he has had at least 4 years experience in the practice of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
4. Graduate Member
- Every candidate for transfer from student member to the class of Graduate Member shall apply and produce evidence to the satisfaction of the council that
(a) he posseses a degree in Electrical Elctronics Engineering or its equivalent recognized by the institution and registrable by COREN
(b) he must have been a graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering for at least 1 year
5. Student Member
Every candidate for election to the class of Student Member shall be a bonafide matriculated student of Electrical/Electronics Engineering of a university, polytechnic or any higher institution or its equivalent recognized by the institution.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP is subject to school HoD confirmation and must pass through a relevant chapter
6. Affiliate Member
Every candidate for admission into the class of affliate shall be a person considered to have made relevant contribution(s) to the filed of Electrical/Elecronics Engineering and its allied specialization
7. Corporate Firm Member
Every candidate for electrion to the class of Corporate Firm Member shall be a registered company or organization recognized under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria whose ordinary course of business is concerned with or promotes the development of the Profession or the Institution and which has achieved prominence in such manner as prescribed.
Links to the forms for registration are provided below