Every candidate for election or transfer to the class of member shall apply and produce evidence acceptable to the Council that:
- he possesses a Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering registrable by COREN
- he has had at least four years recognized professional experience and has made contributions to the Electrical/Electronics Engineering profession.
A Corporate membership must pass through a chapter except where there is no chapter in the state.
A Corporate member is eligible to all privileges of a member as prescribed by Council, is eligible to vote at the AGM and can aspire to any positions in the Society in line with the conditions as prescribed by Council.
MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Prospective member (applicant) applies on the website. NOTE: Hard copy forms will be allowed for the next 6 months.
- Application goes to ES (Executive Secretary) or his delegate. Acknowledgement goes to applicant’s provided email.
- ES assesses the validity and prospect of applicant. If no, application is rejected and applicant advised. End. If prospective, ES forwards to chapter having jurisdiction. If applicant’s location is yet to have a chapter of jurisdiction, the application will be handled administratively by ES.
- Chapter examines application using NSE or COREN. Chapter registers applicant as member. Then application is cleared and returned to ES with evidence of eligibility (NSE/COREN number).
- ES verifies evidence and resolves any other issues necessary.
- ES present eligible and cleared prospective applications to the Membership Board (or EXCO in the absence of the Board) for consideration and approval where found okay.
- ES communicates all applicants with the advice of the Board/EXCO decision.
Successful applicants are advised to make necessary payments.
- Applicant/payer is confirmed as a member and issued with NIEEE Number and login details upon confirmation of payment.
- Certificate is collected during Induction