The Nigerian Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (NIEEE) was established in 1984 as a group of COREN registered Electrical Engineers. Today, NIEEE houses all the specialties of Electrical Engineering disciplines and currently has chapters in 28 cities across all the geo-political zones of the country.
In order to deliver our mandates effectively, NIEEE is constitutionally structured into three subdivisions of Electrical Engineering – Power Engineering, Telecoms & Computer Engineering, and Instrumentation, Control and Automation sections.
To be the leading and most credible professional institution of first choice
To promote professional competence and excellence among members through innovative contribution and development of sustainable solutions to challenging engineering problems by deploying efficient technologies and systems for the benefit of mankind.
Aims and Objectives
- To create a platform for continuing career and professional development and technical services
- To advance the cause of Electrical and Electronic Engineering personnel and firms through education. Research, collaboration and development of codes and standards.
- To encourage innovation and development of sustainable solutions by harnessing the various specialized fields of Power, Telecommunications, Computer, Information Technology, Instrumentation, Control and Automation Engineering and allied fields
- To provide Technical For a for discussion, mentorship, development and dissemination of knowledge to members and the public
- To promote the welfare and protect the interest of practitioners of Electtrical and Electronic Engineering in the public and private sectors of the economy through advocacy, career progression, recognition and all other means.
- To engage and advise government, industry and commercial establishments connected with Electrical and Electronics Engineering on relevant subjects on matters concerning professional practice.